Friday, May 15, 2009

Last Leg

The crowd noise all around me began to fade as I slowly became aware of light filtering in through the massive doors. I rolled over and looked at part of the great chamber and was astounded at its great beauty which was barely discernible in the dark light. Trying to remember if I had seen any public toilets in this wonderful place, I became aware that I was in a magnificent bed and I got up wondering if we had spent the night in one of the great rooms of the palaces we had so recently visited. I opened a door to a massive and incomprehensively vast bathroom. I could make out lavatories and cabinets, and doors to closets and a toilet and over in the corner was a shower stall and across from it an enormous whirlpool bathtub. Amazingly it was similar to the bathroom we had at home, but it was many times larger than our own. I determined I would awaken my wife and bring her in here. She will be astounded. Slowly it dawned on me that we had returned home. I went back to bed. I did not try to wake my wife and take her into the bathroom.

Hours later I rolled on my back and looked again at the room as the noise from the crowds slowly faded away. This vast room seemed to have no end, and the bed was in the center, backed up against one wall like Louis XV had done with his bed at Versailles. This room though seemed immensely larger than his. This room even had a bay window which Louis had not had. The room was painted regally in light purple tone like ours, and was shaped similar to the one we had at home back across the sea. Slowly it dawned up me that this WAS our bedroom. Gradually, slowly, almost reluctantly, while lying there in my bed, I finally returned home. Our trip was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home